We want to work with our customers to ensure Scriba is recycled appropriately. Recycling products
helps improve the environment and our local communities.
E waste facts
- We generate around 40 million tons of electronic waste every year, worldwide. That’s like throwing 800 laptops every second.
- Ewaste comprises of 70% of our overall toxic waste.
- Only 12.5% of EWaste is recycled.
- 85% of our EWaste are sent to landfills and incinerators are mostly burned, and release harmful toxins in the air!
- EWastes are buried or incinerated in landfills where their toxins pollute our land, air and water. Most of the time, they are sent to developing countries where workers extract the precious metals from the discarded electronics.
Please use the resources listed below learn you can recycle waste electronic equipment at local authority collection points.
WEEE Ireland (IE)
Recycle finder (US)
Environmental protection agency (US)